Wednesday, January 7, 2009

With Ease

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new KitchenAid mixer! Since Bruce is away, he's not here to remind me how many tins of baking are already in the pantry (his mom's baking not mine) so I decided it was a perfect night to practice with my mixer and try a new chocolate chip cookie recipe. I adjusted the blade height to the bowl and started mixing. Holy cow!!! I made the dough in seconds flat! Good thing I was watching otherwise I would have overmixed it! So this new recipe called for melted butter (not softened) and bread flour...interesting, worth a try. My one piece of advice for trying a new recipe is not to trust the amount of baking time as every oven is different. It said to bake the cookies for 14 minutes, which seemed long to begin with. Anyway the first 6 were a little crispy so I took off a minute and actually ended up going down to 10 minutes for bake time. Perfection! Don't know if it's the recipe, the number of minutes they baked, my awesome mixer or the fact that I didn't have to share any with Bruce (and I could even sneak some dough) but they tasted pretty darn good! LOVE the mixer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment