Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oops!

I was starting to wonder what I'd blog about tonight...not a whole lot happened today that'd be considered interesting. Well, just when you think you've got nothin' there's always something lurking around the corner. I decided since I love my KitchenAid so much that I'd continue practicing with it after dinner. I made cookies last night so I thought maybe I'd whip up some lemon poppyseed loaf to take to work tomorrow. Just as beautifully as last night, my mixer tossed and turned the ingredients until they were one. Mmmmm...love my mixer...

Half an hour in the oven and I pulled the golden brown loaf out to cool on the rack. Once cooled, I got out my knife and thought, "Did I put any sugar in?"...I snuck one of the middle slices and began to cautiously nibble. "Nope, crap!" The blandest thing I have ever made...and I've made a lot of stuff! Tasted like bread but not as good and it has little crunchies throughout...ewww. Not even butter can save it. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment