Sunday, January 11, 2009

Full Belly

It's hard to be creative or even energetic when you have a full belly. Mom and Dad had us over for dinner cuz Neko's spending the night. He has a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon and since my parents only live 5 minutes from the vet's office, it'd make life a whole lot simpler if I only have to drive to one part of the city to make our appointment. See, Neko has a lump on his left leg that's a little concerning. It doesn't seem to bother him but it has grown in size so we thought it best to have it checked out. Keeping our fingers crossed that it's nothing...



Back to my full tummy. Mom always has snacks out for us when we come over - Bits and Bites and cashews. Dad always has a cold beer for Bruce - something they both enjoy. I think Mom doesn't believe we eat...ever! She gave each of us a breast and a half of breaded chicken, a huge helping of broccoli casserole and a baked potato the size of my head! I couldn't do it, I tapped! Somehow it doesn't matter if you don't finish everything on your plate when you're an adult...she didn't make me sit at the dining room table until I was done. She actually took my unfinished dinner out to the kitchen and then guess what she did...that's right! She served me dessert!!! Chocolate brownies from M&M. Mmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment