Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Baaaack!

Well, I'm back from my 'blogging' vacation. Let's see, what happened since I last wrote? Bruce and I went to Montreal for my cousin's 'big fat Greek wedding'! Ok, they weren't fat but his bride was definitely Greek. To my dismay though, no plates were broken. Eleni (the newest member to the family) said there were too many little kids at the reception to break plates. Alright, I guess I can give her that! We had a blast! There was dancing between each course. A little appetizer, some dancing, a little salad, some more dancing, a little lamb, potoatoes and veggies, some more dancing! Crazy Greeks! Loved it! Another wedding coming up in August...

So back to my reality...I spent the last three days at a project management course. Usually after attending something like this I feel really smart but somehow I feel dumber than when I first stepped in the room! What the heck?!! I've dissected every moment of the last three days and have pinpointed what I think the problem is - the instructor! No, I'm not blaming him to take away the spotlight on my ignorance - I admit to my ignorance...that's why I signed up for the course in the first place! But if you have 12 chapters to cover in three days, I think my math is still pretty strong, that'd be 4 chapters a day to cover everything, right?! At the end of day one we had finished only the first two chapters. Wow! Maybe if he hadn't spent the first hour repeating what degrees he had three times over or how he has to turn down jobs cuz he's sooo busy, maybe we could have finished four chapters! His solution was to cram everything and cut our lunch by half an hour for the next two days! I guess I won't be able to manage any projects for you until I read that 'big fat manual'! Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment