Saturday, January 10, 2009

What's it like out?

It was my intention when I started this blog that I'd write something every day. Well, I missed yesterday. Good thing I didn't commit to doing this every day, you know like make it a New Year's resolution or something. The word for the year is TRY. I'm going to try to blog every day. See - avoiding any chance of failure. I'm so smarte.

Did you catch that? Smarte...that's not how you spell it but it's kind of a joke that I can make in a blog...get it? Maybe that's not so funny after all. Anyhoo, I didn't do a whole lot today. I can't even comment on anything that I saw people do today cuz I never left my house! I made french toast and lattes. I emptied the dishwasher. I made some lunch. Paid some bills. Made some stew. Washed some dishes. Yup, pretty domestic today.

Bruce and I did, however, watch "Dog Town" on National Geographic. Made me cry. Dog Town is this rescue place, better phrased as heaven, for dogs. They introduced us to Bruno, a chow that was in pretty bad shape. The people in this facility have hearts of gold...they genuinely care about what happens to these animals and they try to make what time they have on this earth, quality time. They're not into prolonging their lives if they won't be good years, their goal is to get them strong enough and healthy enough that a family will adopt them and give them a good home. Bruno didn't make it but they made sure he had some time in a loving home before he left on his next journey. Made me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment