Sunday, January 4, 2009

Order Up!

I learned something interesting last night. We went out for dinner with friends of ours to Original Joe's. Bruce mentioned that he's been craving Mikado in the last little while so I said maybe for our February dinner out we could go there. Yup, Bruce and I are trying to limit our eating out this year. Once a month might be pushing it but if you don't give yourself something to work towards, you'll never get there - right?! Anyway, Rob laughed cuz he and Krista made a 'resolution' to eat out more. The difference between us? They have kids and we don't! Funny how what Bruce and I enjoy as a regular routine is a rare freedom for those with families. Hmmmm...

Just got back from grocery shopping. I'm trying something new this year. I want to grocery shop less often and in an effort to support us eating out less, I am making a concious effort to have a fully stocked pantry so that I don't run into the excuse of not having what I need for a recipe and it'd be easier just to order in or pick something up from Mt. Fuji down the way. I bought two of most canned or jarred things so that there's always something on the shelf when I go look for it. I bought more frozen veggies that I can throw together for a soup or in a stew. I bought some quick convenient foods, you know like rice in a bag that cooks in 2 minutes in the microwave for the nights where I really want to break down and order something in. It's an experiment and I'll be tracking how often I shop and how much I'm eating out to see if it's paying off. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment