Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spare Change?

I think I'm gonna need some! I guess it's gonna be easy not eating out this month, or next month...the next few months maybe???


Ugh! Yup, that's right. That's a photo of my ticket! Learn a lesson my friends - don't drive in a bus lane during peak hours!!! $172. Did you hear that?! One hundred and seventy two dollars! Nutty. On top of that I dropped another $480 to get my car serviced. Actually, that's how the story began...

I was driving to Kingsway Toyota to drop my car off for an oil change and to get work done on my brakes. The service department opens up at 7:30 so Bruce was kind enough to follow me there so he could drop me off at work this morning. I changed lanes so that I'd be in the far right lane to make the turn to the parking lot and WHAM! a cop pulls me over. He told me I was driving in the bus lane (really Sherlock?!) to which I replied that I was trying to get to the service department at the dealership just next to the parking lot he pulled me into. Didn't matter - I was driving in the bus lane. No eye contact, no smile, no good morning but I did however get a Ma'am! Seriously. Anyway, the lovely folks at Toyota told me other people in the past have had the same thing happen to them and they fought it and won so wish me luck! And don't drive in the bus lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment