Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More or Less...

I think I've been pretty successful at my 'not' New Years resolution...being a better person. I have sought out inspirational writings, followed Mr. Positive's posts, and have done more meditation in the past month than I did all last year. I have taken an internal stock of where I am and what I believe in and stand for. I am a better person than when I first started to blog. I have become more tolerant, more understanding, more patient.

But just when you think you're in a good place something always seems to hit and rocks the boat. I see these as tests, something or someone sent to test how firm the lessons you've learned in life are entrenched in you. I've come to realize that I need to step back from things and examine the situation and who's involved in it. To be the better person I'm striving to be, I need to stop my instincts of poking holes in their arguments and hold my tongue. Most times I think those that rock the boat or stir the pot, or whatever saying you like most, are weak. They don't possess the self-confidence of those they attack and out of jealousy that's why they do what they do. Instead of holding anger towards them, I need to exercise empathy for the lack of their magnetic likeability.

I'm a better person...more or less...

No comments:

Post a Comment