Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another Potpourri

Just got back from dinner at Mikado. Mmmmm, so happy, so tired... We met my sister and my youngest nephew for dinner and dinner we had! As we got to the table, Mike asked me to bend down. As I did, he placed a lei around my neck and kissed my cheek! He told me that's how they do it in Hawaii; so cute (my sister and her family went to Hawaii over Christmas). Back to the Mikado! It was a marathon of eating! Bruce and I shared spinach gomae, an order of dragon eyes and beef yakiniku. I am so full but so extremely satisfied! I would highly recommend Mikado to anyone and everyone.

I saw something on Friday that made me laugh...not laugh out of hysterics but laughing at the absurdity of it all. I was driving to work and came to a red light by a Starbucks. There was a police SUV parked and the cops were all inside sitting at a table having coffee and treats. Yup, their car was definitely parked, no flashers on, not idling at all, no lights flashing on the roof, just parked - at a 5 minute loading zone!!! Here I get a $172 ticket for driving 10 seconds in a bus lane and cops park in a loading zone while they have their breakfast. Laughed at the absurdity of it all!

I love my friends. I love my girlfriends! I don't know if I would be as sane as I am without them. We've all seen that email about the mom giving her daughter marriage advice about not forgetting her girlfriends, to keep those relationships strong, because they will always be there for you. There is so much truth in that story. I am so fortunate to have such wonderful women in my life. It's funny how even though I see some of them almost every day I'll miss them on the weekends - they are a very strong part of my life. And then there are some girlfriends I won't see for up to four months but those months seem to melt away while we meet over coffee for a chat! I am married and I LOVE my husband and he is truly my very best friend in the entire world but sometimes he just doesn't get me. Men and women are just wired differently. My girlfriends get me, any day, any time. They understand why I'm feeling angry about something, I don't have to try and explain why. Time with my friends is my time, as an individual, something I don't have to share with Bruce (no offence honey). After a visit with my friends, I somehow feel refreshed, ready to start again, even forgiven if that makes sense. Having my own friends, my own girlfriends, makes me and keeps me who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment