Monday, February 16, 2009

Potpourri

Since I've been rather lazy about blogging, this entry is going to be a potpourri of thoughts.

It's Family Day!!! We slept in. And then my wonderful husband made me a fantastic breakfast this morning! We had scrambled egg wraps with mushrooms, onions and cheese, hash browns and lattes! How much better can a morning get?! Oh and a day off to boot! That's how much better it can get!

I had a horrible nightmare last night. I dreamt that Neko's very long nails became infected and his foot swelled into a ball as a result. When my dad attempted to see how much damage had been done, Neko's foot fell off! So Bruce and I are off this afternoon to PetSmart to get his nails trimmed. We'd do it ourselves but somehow our little 18-pound dog morphs into a bucking bronco and WATCH OUT!!! He's a snapper on top of it all! I think $11 is worth keeping all my fingers.

Valentine's Day was not your typical one this year. Bruce headed off quite early to photograph the 2009 Canadian Birkebeiner Ski Race out at Elk Island Park. In the last little while I've been thinking about how my dad and I used to make cornbread for breakfast when I was little. I have all these memories of us whipping up a batch and soaking it in syrup! Mmmm...those were the good ol' days. So when I saw an old-fashioned cornbread mix on my last grocery shopping excursion, I threw it into my cart and called Dad up and told him I'd be over Saturday to make breakfast with him. We baked the cornbread, cooked up some crisp bacon and poured a ton of syrup that morning! Just as good as I remembered! Sounds like a pretty good Valentines so far, eh? It got better. I had an appointment for an hours massage at 12:45! So not only was my tummy totally happy...I got to completely relax for an hour! Ahhhh.

Now it's time to wind up the long weekend so I put a roast in the oven with carrots, onions and potatoes. Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven! Bruce just wishes we had more eggs so I could've made Yorkshire puddings...oh well...I enjoyed my scrambled egg wrap this morning so I think they were put to good use earlier in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment