Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Found the Secret to Life!

I came across something inspirational today, "find what makes you happy and do it until you die". All this time I've been trying to discover what my passion is because people say if you do what you're passionate about the money will follow. I'm sure that is true but I think I've been missing the obvious and what I believe is even more important...happiness is the whole point of life.

My mom always said it didn’t matter what I did when I grew up, so long as it made me happy. Who said it had to be my job that makes me happy? Nobody. I fell into the same trap, a rather large trap at that, that so many other people have fallen into - you should be happy doing what you do. We, joe blow public, interpreted "doing what you do" to mean your job/career. I totally missed it...it doesn't matter what I do...as long as I'm happy. I can be ho hum about the job that I do but that doesn't matter as long as I'm happy. I'm happy being married (I'm actually more ecstatic than happy). I'm happy being a dog mom. I'm happy blogging. I'm happy creating new and fantastic things in the kitchen. I am happy doing all of those things! And I'm going to do all of them until I die!

No comments:

Post a Comment