Saturday, January 23, 2010

What Blogging has Done for Me

1. I find myself emptying my brain of random stuff that I experience.
Instead of holding on to all my thoughts and/or observations and stuffing them somewhere in my head, where, let's face it, I may never ever find them again, I now blog about stuff and get it out. It creates more space for new things/ideas.

2. It changed the way I view the world.

I started paying closer attention to the world around me. I notice details more now, I try to live in the present moment and relish in life's lessons. I'm more fully engaged in everything that happens; I pay attention to my inner voice and thoughts.

3. Accountability.

If you blog that you are going to lose 50 pounds or donate $100 to a charity, you are far more likely to do it than if you just think about doing these things. You don’t want to have to report that you failed, or gave up, or just got lazy. It helps when your friends/readers ask how some project is going, it keeps the interest and enthusiasm alive.

Blogging has been good for me...it's been like keeping a diary when I was little. But I don't have to rip the pages out and ruin the book. I can just press 'delete'.

No comments:

Post a Comment