Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family's Awesome!

I was able to get my sorry butt off to church today...I noticed my halo was starting to slant a little so I took care of it! As per our Sunday tradition, Dad went home and put the coffee on while Mom and I stopped off at Cobb's Bakery for a little indulgence! We enjoyed a lovely breakfast together and afterward I taught them how to use their latte machine again. They hadn't used it in years and forgotten how cuz you know how those pesky owner manuals seem to grow legs and walk! Anyway we enjoyed some hazelnut lattes and played Boggle together! Not the competitive way though. We put away the timer and we didn't keep score. After all, my dad was playing!!! He hates games! He hates puzzles! He hates anything competitive! I was shocked he even agreed to it. But I was ecstatic...he was using his brain! He even said after that it would help him out...made me smile!

I got a wonderful phone call this evening from my Godmother! I had written her a letter over the Christmas holidays and she called to check in with me and find out some more details on events. It's funny how we don't seem to get phone calls that much anymore or letters for that matter at least none that are personal. There's always someone calling for donations or bills coming in the mail but how often do we get those phone calls or letters that are personal and show that someone has taken time out of their lives to focus on you?! I just love her...made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment