Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How Old Am I?

I'm not that young anymore and I'm actually coming up on my birthday this weekend so not getting any younger! I'm the baby of my family and I used to be the youngest at work for quite some time. Well that has definately changed. Not being the youngest in my family, that hasn't changed. C'mon, my parents are 78 - give them a break! Today I felt like a child again. Nothing brings you back in time like getting reprimanded. Reprimanded for something I have yet to do, a reprimand in advance, a reprimand for good keeping??? Whatever you want to call it, I got told! Funny how it's different when it's not coming from your parent. Totally different reaction to it. If it was my dad, I'd be shaking, fighting back tears, shrinking down in my chair. When there's no blood relation and, in fact, no reason for a reprimand, the hair on the back of my neck stands up, my ears perk up and I automatically go on the defence. Perhaps it's an early birthday gift, a time to feel young again even if it didn't involve sprinklers and hoola hoops. But c'mon, how old am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment