Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lent

So it's Lent. What did I give up you ask? I gave up popcorn, Diet Dr. Pepper and ice cream. Now is that a sign of an overachiever or what?! You only have to give one thing up, but no...I want to challenge myself. There's three quarters of a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper in the pantry, a new container of popcorn on the shelf and a big box of 100 calorie ice cream treats in the freezer with one ice cream sandwich out of it. Temptations are all around me. And what do I decide to do today? Add one more thing to the list. I didn't give up something for Lent today, I gave up someone. I'm not going to let this person get the best of me like they usually do, ok I'll try not to let them get the best of me. I think this will be the most challenging! It's kinda like one of those zits that sits just below the surface and never really comes to a head. Yup, I like that analogy for how I am with this individual - spot on! There should be some kind of award at the end of Lent, not only popcorn, Diet Dr. Pepper and ice cream but I think I'll deserve a set of wings if I get through Lent with this last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment