Monday, February 21, 2011

There are only so many tomorrows. ~Pope Paul IV~

You've probably noticed I write alot about finding happiness, living a meaningful life, being a better person. I scour websites and blogs looking for guidelines and the secret to finding/living a great life. Tonight I Googled 'living life in a month' and stumbled across a book on Amazon.ca called, "One Month to Live" by Kerry and Chris Shook. All this time I've been reading self improvement blogs looking for inspiration and I found it in a book about living life in a month. "Our lives are reduced to two dates and a little dash between. We don't get to decide the dates on our gravestone but we do get to decide how we use our dash." That thought stopped me dead in my tracks. My dash is pretty empty to this point. I shouldn't say empty, I have my quirky family, my incredible husband whom I can't imagine life without, my friends who are there every step of the way for me but I haven't lived much of my dash yet and I think I better get on that!

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives. ~Alan Sachs~

No comments:

Post a Comment