Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Enough Time in the Day

I've said it before and I'll say it again...sometimes work gets in the way of my day! If I didn't have to be at work I could accomplish so much more in a day. If they gave me a day off in the middle of the week, I'd venture to say that I'd be twice as productive at work. I wouldn't be making up to-do lists of things I need to get done in my normal life while I'm supposed to be focused on answering those darn written questions for return!

I have two books from the library that I need to finish reading...but work's getting in the way. However, they're from the library at work...so technically they're work-related. Do you think they'd buy that?! Gotta make some time for those gems...ones on rediscovering joy and wonder (cuz you know work sucks the life right outta ya) and the other is on Monster Bosses (surviving when your boss is a nightmare). Definately some good reading ahead of me!

Since we're on the subject of work, I think I'll vocalize how blind upper management is. Screw upper management, management overall...that is at least in my area. When asked for your opinion, you'd expect that the person asking actually wants to know and cares about what you have to say otherwise why ask the question, right?! Apparently not so. I think they ask because they are taught to, make sure you ask so you can check it off your list. It's almost as good as reporting on your performance management contract that you sent me a thank you card. Aren't you supposed to send a thank you card to show that you're sincerely grateful for what someone has done for you? Well if you're management you send a card so you can get a check mark - there's no sincerity in any of it! How can I give you honesty when I know you're closing your eyes or turning your head just enough so that you can't hear what I have to say?!

Enough ranting already...I have to finish my to-do list and get reading! Damn work.

No comments:

Post a Comment